Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I download videos from my iPad mini to iCloud can I upload to my iMac and later delete from only my mini

• from my iPad mini to iCloud if I download my personal videos,can I then download to my iMac and later delete from my mini

Mac mini, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 7:21 PM

2 replies

Feb 9, 2016 2:31 AM in response to Jtkfox

What do you mean by personal videos, if you mean those you take on your device and keep in Photos...

With iCloud Photo Library enabled, you cannot delete a photo on one device (or at iCloud.com) without deleting it from every device that uses iCloud photo library (and iCloud.com). In order to save space on your mobile devices (and indeed your Mac if you wish to do so) turn on optimisation for photos on these devices (settings > photos & camera > optimise storage on your mobile device and Photo preferences > optimise storage on your Mac)

Optimisation is dynamic, it reduces the resolution of your photos as and when needed, so you may not notice it occurring at first. However when it is needed, it is very effective and users have reported libraries being optimised to much less than 10% of their original size in some cases. My own library is about 9% of its original size on my phone.

If I download videos from my iPad mini to iCloud can I upload to my iMac and later delete from only my mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.