Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facebook and app privacy

Heres my scenario. Last night I was on my Amazon app looking at clock radios. Now on Facebook I get in my feed that some friends like Amazon, and the items shown are what I was looking at last night. How does Facebook pull data from my Amazon app?? Can I stop this from happening?

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 7:28 PM

1 reply

Feb 8, 2016 7:35 PM in response to mickeddie

That would be a question for Facebook support. There are tons of privacy settings for Facebook, but I don't know if there is any way to prevent them from pushing ads that are related to searches, and purchases you do via various websites. If you went to the Amazon site by doing a search, and clicked on a search result that is labeled "Ad", then you will most assuredly see a reflection of that choice on Facebook as well as other sites that you visit.

Whenever I do any searches and then click on a link to go to a site, I make sure that I do not click on any that have the "Ad" label, which are always at the top of the search return. If there is an entry that is labeled "Ad", there is another one exactly like it a little further down in the search results that is not. Select that one.

Best of luck,

GB

Facebook and app privacy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.