Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Strange Airplay behavior from my ATV3

My ATV3 used to work fine, but now it is screwing up. I'm not sure why. The problem is that when I click Play my ATV sends some signal that changes my new Sony receiver to the Airplay input. Problem is that the ATV video/audio comes over the Video input into my receiver via an HDMI cable. It's worked fine many times before. Was there a software update that caused this? The OS is up to date, 6.2.1.

Even if I disable Airplay on my ATV it still changes the input on my receiver to Airplay when I click Play to play anything coming from ATV. Essentially now the ATV is a UI brick. Any ideas what I can do to fix it? I've tried unplugging HDMI and power cables, restarting the ATV, with no luck. thanks

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 6:07 PM

5 replies

Feb 9, 2016 3:00 PM in response to mcmadness

On your reciever, I would try to alter these two settings and see if your issue is resolved. I would try turning each one off one at a time and see if the input switch stops.

When you set [Control for HDMI] to [On], [Audio Out] may be changed automatically.

Setting whether to control this receiver from a device on the home network (DLNA Control Permission)

You can set whether or not to control this receiver from an individual device on the device list. Only devices set to [Permit] can control this receiver through the home network.

1. Select [Settings] - [Network Settings] from the home menu.

2. Select [DLNA Control Permission].

3. Select [Allow All Controllers].

4. Select [Off].

5. Select the device you want.

6. Select [Set].
7. Select [Permit] or [Disable].

Feb 11, 2016 5:55 PM in response to Vinceassociate

Wow your suggestion sounded really good. Totally in the detailed setting of the Sony amp. However I denied Control Permission and turned off the one device that was visible. No change re the ATV behavior. Click Play and the receiver switches over to Airplay. I even turned off/on both devices. The revised setting was in the receiver, but alas.. Any other thoughts certainly welcome.

Strange Airplay behavior from my ATV3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.