Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accidently Formatted Partition 0 Disk 4 BOOTCAMP Windows 8.1

Yesterday I bought Windows 8.1 and started installing it with bootcamp. I got through all the steps and got to the collecting information page on the windows OS. I filled everything out, product key and everything. Then I got to the partitions page, I selected the Partition 0 Disk 4. I then clicked format (not really realizing what it was). Once that finished I couldnt install windows. It told me that the drive needs to be in NTSF format. I did not delete the main MAC OS. I've looked at many solutions but they didnt work or they were too old for my computer. I gave Windows a space amount of 243.21. If any one could help it would be greatly appreciated!

Specs:

iMac 27" Late 2013

Version: 10.11.3 OS X El Capitan

Processor: 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

User uploaded file

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), Late 2013 27"

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 6:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 6:34 AM

Hi, Overtile.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I see you are attempting to install Windows on your Mac via Boot Camp and need some assistance. You have already created the partition, so you will need to change the format of this partition to NTSF and then go through the install. I have included a couple guides below that will walk you through this process.

Set up a Windows partition on your Mac

How to install Windows using Boot Camp

Cheers

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2016 6:34 AM in response to Overtile

Hi, Overtile.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I see you are attempting to install Windows on your Mac via Boot Camp and need some assistance. You have already created the partition, so you will need to change the format of this partition to NTSF and then go through the install. I have included a couple guides below that will walk you through this process.

Set up a Windows partition on your Mac

How to install Windows using Boot Camp

Cheers

Feb 10, 2016 6:37 AM in response to Overtile

If you have lost disk space, the simplest and safest method to get your disk space back is

1. Backup OSX and all your files - Use Time Machine to back up or restore your Mac - Apple Support .

2. Boot into Internet Recovery (Command+Opt+R) - OS X: About OS X Recovery - Apple Support .

3. Click on Utilties -> Disk Utility and Erase your internal whole disk.

4. Restore OSX and your files - Use Time Machine to back up or restore your Mac - Apple Support .

This requires a separate external disk which can accommodate TM backup - Backup disks you can use with Time Machine - Apple Support .

If you want to continue to install Windows, can you post the output of the following OS X Terminal commands?

diskutil list

diskutil cs list

BC Assistant help is - https://help.apple.com/bootcamp/assistant/6.0/

Accidently Formatted Partition 0 Disk 4 BOOTCAMP Windows 8.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.