Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari hijacked

I clicked on a bogus link that has now hijacked my Safari (9.0.3) and I cannot delete cache or access prefs within the app, everything is greyed out. It keeps opening to a page that wants me to click OK to update Adobe Flash but I can tell from the URL it is bogus and I can't find via Finder how to delete the Safari Cache folder. ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db This did NOT help!

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 8:26 PM

2 replies

Feb 8, 2016 9:12 PM in response to geminimac6

Please quit the application. Force quit if necessary.

Relaunch it by holding down the shift key and clicking its icon. That action will prevent the last window state from being reloaded.

From the menu bar, select

Safari Preferences... Privacy Remove All Website Data

to get rid of any cookies or other data left by the server. Open your Downloads folder and delete anything you don't recognize.

Feb 9, 2016 6:31 AM in response to geminimac6

can't find via Finder how to delete the Safari Cache folder. ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library

safari hijacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.