Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MIDI Logic x Help!!

Here is a video of my question

Watch this video where i explain what I need, I can't put it in super simple words:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC_sJjlWzVs

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 6:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 8:24 PM

Hi, Try this....

Go to Logic's Settings/Recording select Auto DeMix by channel if Multitrack recording. Logic by default sums all Input channels and does not give each MIDI channel strip it's part of the original design and seems a bit kludgy by modern standards, as in the past 20 years!

4 replies

Feb 9, 2016 9:18 AM in response to Chase.lamebrt91

From your video it seemed like you had possibly altered the Environment trying to get it working, you were going to show something in the environment then said never mind. While it's easy in Ableton, Cubase, Reaper..etc. Logic's Environment makes setting individual MIDI ports & channels per channel strip a chore, in fact it's a work-around that was added later. Auto-Demix, did not originally allow incoming MIDI to be re-channelized.

For it to work the way you want you will need the Auto-Demix setting enabled as well has having all tracks you wish to play Record Enabled (Live Mode), then when you switch channels on your controller you will hear the individual sounds.

MIDI Logic x Help!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.