Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage

Hey iMessage thanks for messing my life up. For some reason my iPhone synced with my ex girlfriends iMac so all of the things i said in anger about her popped up on her computer. Why would my phone sync to her computer without my say so?? Thanks a lot apple

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 8:04 PM

2 replies

Feb 8, 2016 8:08 PM in response to VinnyCueva

Are you and your ex-girfriend signed into Messages with the same iCloud ID? Is your phone number listed in your ex-girfriends Send & Receive list for Messages?

Apple is not here - this is a user to user support forum, so if you can provide us with some information about when this happened, what led up to it, what you know about the set up, etc. we may be able to help.

I can tell you for certain, that there is something that is connecting your Messages set-up with your ex-girlfriend's Messages set-up that is causing this.

Cheers,

GB

iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.