Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

backed up iCloud and deleted photos. Now my photos are gone! tried checking on iCloud.com and they are not there ?

help me please

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 9:08 PM

1 reply

Feb 9, 2016 2:03 AM in response to shainax3

You should be able to recover them from the deleted photos album. Unless you have deleted photos from there as well too.

With iCloud Photo Library enabled, you cannot delete a photo on one device (or at iCloud.com) without deleting it from every device that uses iCloud photo library (and iCloud.com). In order to save space on your mobile devices (and indeed your Mac if you wish to do so) turn on optimisation for photos on these devices (settings > photos & camera > optimise storage on your mobile device and Photo preferences > optimise storage on your Mac)

Optimisation is dynamic, it reduces the resolution of your photos as and when needed, so you may not notice it occurring at first. However when it is needed, it is very effective and users have reported libraries being optimised to much less than 10% of their original size in some cases. My own library is about 9% of its original size on my phone.

backed up iCloud and deleted photos. Now my photos are gone! tried checking on iCloud.com and they are not there ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.