Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Urgent Help Needed: Can't Update Apps on iPad...

Hi, I've never had any issues with updating my apps until today.

I keep getting this error when I try to update my apps from within the iOS App Store: "Your account is not valid for use in the U.S store. You must switch to the Australian store before purchasing."

It's strange because I'm not even trying to buy a new app as I'm just trying to update the apps I already have. I've been trying to update free apps and I still get this error.

I've got an iPad Mini 3 if it makes any difference.

I'm an Australian also.

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 8:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 8:57 PM

You can buy or update apps only on the store attached to your Apple ID. Without a US Apple ID, US iTunes account, and a US-bank issued credit card you can only view in the US store.

Change the country of your iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks Store, and Mac App Store account - Apple Support

15 replies

Feb 22, 2016 8:46 PM in response to NewbMacUser

Your Kindle books are not related to the iTunes and Apps store. Kindle books are stored on Amazon's cloud, so you might want to give them a call and ask them if changing your iTunes & App Store on your iPad would affect you access to your Kindle books bought in the American Kindle Store, but I don't think you need to worry.

In your Kindle App, if you go to the Library and click on the set of little lines in the top left-hand corner, you will see the Settings option at the very bottom of the list that displays - tap on that. At the top of the Settings screen you will see the Registration info. Your device is Registered to your Amazon account in the Amazon Store. So, again, changing your iTunes & App Store will not affect your device registration on the Amazon site.

The books that you have purchased for your Kindle app will remain in the Amazon cloud and are accessible from any device that is registered to that account. I have my Kindle Amazon account set up on both of my iPhones, my iPad, and both of my Kindle devices. All of my books are accessible from any of them.

These are two different and separate functions, so you should have no issues. But again, you need not worry, because they will still be there in your Amazon account no matter what.

Best of luck,

GB

Urgent Help Needed: Can't Update Apps on iPad...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.