Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad 3 is hacked

TThere is no doubt in my or my roommates mind that my iPad has been hacked. There is some sort of keystroke program that follows my every move. The person I suspect someone I met in a fb group on health years ago from Fredericia Denmark and became close friends with. He reads my emails, listens in on my private conversations at home and has even taken pictures of me and my roommate inside our home That he has posted publicly in many of his Facebook pages he runs. He has hundreds of fake profiles on fb and runs hundreds of pages with art, fashion, poetry , political stuff and more. He uses people's images he finds publicly, photoshops them and creates scenes with them. He has without a doubt gotten private pictures inside my home several times over the years. I'm not sure what to do besides throw my iPad away? Does anyone have any suggestions? I flew to Thailand to meet this person, was there less than 48 hours before I left. There is a slight chance he had acess to the iPad then but this spying has been going on for years before I ever met him I know for a fact. The iPad was never jail broken by me. There is something called null in the settings under usage and under settings on the left hand side where all the others apps are listed. I am wondering if this is attached to a picture I saved or if he is just good enough to hack me remotely?

iPad 2, iOS 9.2.1, Think it's the iPad 3

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 10:29 PM

4 replies

Feb 8, 2016 10:43 PM in response to deggie

This has been going on long before I met him in person when he may have had access. Even then was only with him for less than 48 hours and I had it on me the entire time. I know for a fact I did not have a password on my router for years and even now not sure it's good enough. If this person worked for Danish Intelligence or is very wealthy might it be possible? He admitted he is part of anonymous and admitted he had access to biometrics software. There is no doubt he traces and tracts me because I have seen the pictures. There must be a possibility, there is no doubt in my or my roommates mind who has seen the evidence as well

Feb 9, 2016 9:00 AM in response to seekinganswers9

If the iPad is not jailbroken he didn't hack it. Not even the NSA could do so. Unless he can also move the iPad remotely it would be hard to take pictures of you or listen in. But to make you feel better:

1. Put your iPad in DFU mode: https://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/DFU_Mode

2. Set up your iPad as a NEW device, not from your backup.

3. Set it up with a 6 digit or complex passcode.

4. Change your Apple ID password

5. Change all of your other passwords.

My iPad 3 is hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.