Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New IPad mini - error 4013 after first connecting to itunes

Hi Apple Support

Symptom - Cannot restore Ipad Mini. Connected to iTunes and tried to restore - error 4013,4005

Completed the following

1. Installed update for the iTunes

2. Restarted PC

3. Opened iTunes

4. Reconnected iPad mini to iTunes

5. Attempted to restore iPad - error message still occuring

Tried to restore iPad mini manually - no effect.

iPad 2, iOS 4.3

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 12:30 AM

2 replies

Feb 10, 2016 7:33 AM in response to Jorgo500exc

Hello Jorgo500exc,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are attempting to restore your iPad mini, but are receiving errors 4013 and 4005. I see that you have completed some fantastic troubleshooting as well. We know how frustrating situations like this can be, but we are here to help!

To continue the troubleshooting process, I suggest working through the suggested steps in the following article. I know you have completed most of these already, but please work though the complete list again as suggested.

If you see error 9, 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you restore your iOS device

When you try to update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you might see one of these messages in iTunes.

If your iOS device disconnects during the update or restore or if iTunes couldn't tell the device to restore, you might see one of these messages:

• The iPhone [device name] could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (9).
  • The iPhone [device name] could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (4005).
  • The iPhone [device name] could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (4013).
  • The iPhone [device name] could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (4014).

Try these steps to restore your iOS device:

1. Install the latest version of iTunes.
  2. Restart your computer.
  3. Check for updates to your Mac or PC. If you restart your computer for an update, check for updates again after you restart.
  4. Try to restore your device using another USB cable.
  5. Try to restore your device on another computer.
  6. Force your device to restart.

If you continue to see error 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you try to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, contact us.

If you see error 9, 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you restore your iOS device - Apple Support

Cheers!

New IPad mini - error 4013 after first connecting to itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.