Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud notification to upgrade or manage my storage doesn't stop

I get near constant (like every other minute it sometimes) notifications from iCloud that my storage is almost full and that I should either manage or buy more storage. Initially it was about 4.95Gb out of the available 5Gb but after literally being pestered for weeks I upgraded my storage to 50Gb so it would stop giving me notifications but IT STILL GIVES ME NOTIFICATIONS. This is despite the fact that only 4Gb out of 50Gb were being used and I even deleted my iPhone backups so now its closer to 2Gb and I'm STILL GETTING THEM. This is incredibly annoying and distracting and the complete lack of a solution is incredibly frustrating. If anyone has been facing the same problem or knows a solution please let me know because I've already tried two, deleting things stored on iCloud AND buying A LOT more storage.

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4), updated on July 18, 2014

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 11:51 PM

2 replies

Aug 24, 2016 10:02 AM in response to Umer195

I also constantly get update button, forcing you to update and icloud...

Tbh.. I think it's not that they aren't able to switch off this notification for you.. However, by doing that they can force people to update and buy storage space.. It's just how business works.. same as annoying WIndows 10 forcing you to update from windows 7... HAHA You can choose not to use Apple. But then, you realise other companies do the same.

iCloud notification to upgrade or manage my storage doesn't stop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.