Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't zoom out web page on safari

User uploaded file

(Screenshot of web page url:my.umn.ac.id) can't zoom out web page

I had a problem on safari I can not zoom out web page on the site of my university this only happens in iphone 5s with ios 9.2.1 , I've tried using other iphone ( iphone 4 ios 7 ) even android device to open the site up and this running smoothly I was can zoom in and out of the page, if you ever have problems like me tell me ? And how to fix it ?

And please fix this issue on ios 9.3 coming update.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 12:42 AM

8 replies

Feb 10, 2016 7:55 AM in response to yogie20

Greetings yogie20,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are unable to use multi-touch gestures to zoom out in Safari on your iPhone 5s. Does this only happen on this one site, or all sites?

To begin troubleshooting, there are a couple of different steps I would recommend.

First, quit Safari completely using the information in the following article.

Force an app to close in iOS - Apple Support

After Safari has been quit, I suggest reading over the next article and working through the suggestions, specifically the section Clear information from your device.

Safari web settings on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Once that has been completed, restart your iPhone.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

After the restart, open Safari and test out your website again. Please let us know the results so we can further assist if needed.

Have a great day!

Feb 11, 2016 6:05 AM in response to yogie20

Hello yogie20,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Thank you for replying with this information. I do understand that your iPhone 6 does not experience this behavior and it only happens on the iPhone 5s.

To continue troubleshooting the iPhone 5s, if the above steps did not help to resolve the issue, I would suggest reinstalling the iPhone Operating System. Reinstalling iOS should not affect any of your data on the iPhone 5s, but I always suggest making sure you have a current backup in either iTunes or iCloud.

How to back up your devices using iCloud or iTunes - Apple Support

Once you have a backup of your iPhone 5s, proceed with the following steps to reinstall iOS. After the reinstall finishes, open Safari and test its behavior.

1. Connect your device to a computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, you can borrow one, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for help.
  2. While your device is connected, force it to restart. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't release when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding until you see the Recovery mode screen.
    User uploaded file
  3. When you get the option to restore or update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data.
    User uploaded file

iTunes will download the software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3 again.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or won't turn on - Apple Support

Cheers!

Feb 13, 2016 2:15 AM in response to AppleJoe

yesterday I've done in ways such as the above, I have been doing a restore on the computer but after that process is complete, and I try to open the site my university that problem can not be resolved I still can not zoom in or zoom out, it seems a bug in safari, finally I try to install google chrome for ios and i try to open the site but the problem can not be resolved, so I try to install opera mini for ios and the site was so much better, the site was not too zoom in but I could see the site content and but zoom function still does not work on opera mini, I was so confused by a problem on my iphone. I hope after ios 9.3 launched this problem can be resolved.

Can't zoom out web page on safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.