Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have Project Snapshots Vanished in 10.2.3

Is it just me, or has the ability to create new Project Snapshots vanished in 10.2.3? Before the upgrade could create both duplicate projects and snapshots, but now I can only create duplicates. What happened to snapshots? I've trashed the prefs etc but still no sign of snapshots.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 1:17 AM

7 replies

Feb 9, 2016 3:07 AM in response to GeeD

Actually, I still see it in the menus, but whether I click the menu or use the shortcut, the system whirs away momentarily but nothing happens. If I select "Duplicate" the system likewise whirs away and a duplicate project does appear. But with the "Duplicate Project as a Snapshot" nothing happens, nada... zip... except a little beach balling for a second or so, and the Inspect goes blank and returns... but no snapshot

Wait a moment... I just tried it again with the Inspector closed, and voila! It worked. This is new and strange behaviour, but at least I may have found a work around. That is - close the inspector beforee making a duplicate. This surely is a bug, but ;et's hope my work around solves my issue.

Feb 9, 2016 4:45 AM in response to GeeD

Thanks guys - none of this works - I only got the one snapshot as described above and again nothing now. This is a huge project and so woe on me for upgrading mid project - I should have known better as if it works for others then it must be my specific library that has some corruption preventing it from working. It's a pity 'cos it ws fine until the upgrade, and right now I am the stage of the project when I am working on all the compound clips containing my draft graphics overlays - so I'm not happy that I can lock these in the snapshots asI do all these fiddly adjustments.

sigh...

Feb 16, 2016 3:03 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

OK Guys - I finally fixed the problem. In fact there was a related issue in that the event was flagged with a cautionary triangle, and when I went to export the project I would get this warning message "<project> has missing or offline titles, effects or generators." SO I was guessing I had a bigger issue on my hands.

I tried all the usual suspects, ie trash prefs and CurrentVersion.flexolibrary etc etc, but to no avail. I checked the timeline index and more, but could not find any missing title, effect or generator. Then I stumbled on this:

Re: how do you find missing titles, effects, and generators in final cut pro x?

Simply creating a new blank event, and a new project into that event, then copying the timeline (CMD-A, CMD-C) from my "corrupt" project in the new clean blank project (CMD-A), and voila, the yellow triangle is no longer flagging the event and now I can create snapshots again.

Of course I still have the triangle warning on the back up events, but I just ignore these now so long as the current event where I store my current projects and most recent snapshots is OK, then I'm a happy camper.

Have Project Snapshots Vanished in 10.2.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.