Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Colour Profile Makes Red Turn To Orange in FCPX

I've started using the Spyder 5 with dispcalGUI to calibrate my MacBook Pro's display which has worked fine. However, with this colour profile Final Cut Pro X makes red turn to orange on my display. It is normal for the thumbnails in the overview or timeline and even if I have single image on the screen, but once I'm starting to play a video it turns orange.

Does anyone know what can cause this? Can't FCPX handle LUTs or matrix profiles? I'm trying to do some colour sensitive work which makes it impossible with this bug. Any other standard profile works fine. The sRGB gamut is 98.8% so I don't assume that this can be the issue. It looks like FCPX doesn't apply the correct profile when playing a video. Maybe I have to toggle something?

I hope you can help me out! :S

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 2:03 AM

4 replies

Apr 8, 2016 12:37 PM in response to ChristophG

A bit late for an answer but I just ran into the same issue.

It seems that FCPX is having a hard time dealing with LUT type profiles.

Everything should work fine if you create a new profile with the "profile type" set to "curves + matrix", or any of the matrix type available in DisplayCal.

It's less accurate than LUT profiles, but at least fcp should display it properly.

Hope that helps, even though you have probably found a solution by now.

Colour Profile Makes Red Turn To Orange in FCPX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.