Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

do apple offer discounts for pensioners/U3A member

my dear old mum is about to purchase an iMac and i wondered if apple have any discounts/offers for the over 65's?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.4.8), 2GB RAM, 120GB HD, 2GHZ

Posted on Nov 24, 2006 1:52 AM

2 replies

Nov 24, 2006 5:40 AM in response to Arthur Askey

Hi, Arthur Askey

i'm not aware of such things; there are discounts for education (students and institutions) and government
(the latter at leastin the US). If you belong to this category, you could probably by it at a cheaper price (5%)
and hand it over to your Mother. In any case, any respnose
in this forum would be not-binding for Apple.

Why don't you check directly with Apple?

There are "refurbished" macs and ebay or such things, and
honestly, I would stay away from such deals.

However, here in Holland, occasionally you can get deals just at the end of the year, or end of schoolyear, where you get the "old" model for a somewhat lower price..

Success

Nov 24, 2006 12:49 PM in response to Arthur Askey

Does your "mum" live in Spain or the US? The reason why I ask is because here in the US there are certain groups you can go to for senior citizen discounts on computers. Some you have to be a member like AARP.

I used my AARP membership to get a discount on my computer through my Apple dealer.

If your "mum" lives in Spain, then I suggest that you also contact a couple of the many User Groups you have in your country. Hopefully, one or more of them can recommend some Apple dealers that have senior citizen discounts.

If they are like the US, the Apple dealers will not advertise the fact that they do. Seniors must "ask" if the discount is available. These discounts are through the dealers & not through Apple.

Like the previous poster already stated, call Apple first.

do apple offer discounts for pensioners/U3A member

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.