Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not sure if LCD problem or glass screen issue

Hi everyone,

Just recently, my MBP Mid 2010 was dropped from about a meter of height. Enlisted here are the damages incurred:

• Dent on top-left side of the aluminum body on the screen
  • Dent on the bottom-left side of the aluminum body on the keyboard panel
  • Screen damages

The first two are easy to ignore; it's the last one I am worried about. From an angle, you will see that the top portion of the screen is darker, but this is not visible looking at it up front. Also, there are wolverine-like marks (sorry for the term) that can be seen - also from an angle, but not from the front view. You may see the attached image.

I don't mind bringing it in for repairs; however I'd like to know first whether this is a LCD issue or the glass screen.

Looking forward to your assistance, guys.User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 1:38 AM

1 reply

Feb 9, 2016 2:06 AM in response to MacMino

The dropping/dents caused stress/pressure on the LCD screen. Frequently you can produce similar patterns by pressing on the screen.

Disassembly of the screen and just pushing out the dented and reassembly may resolve the problem.

This is the Mac Pro desktop forum. I requested your post be moved to the MacBook Pro laptop forum.

Not sure if LCD problem or glass screen issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.