Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod stuck at Connected - Eject before disconnecting

Not sure what model it is but I have had it for about 4 years. Used it yesterday OK but today after purchasing a couple of songs I connected it to the computer and suddenly today it is not recognized. Usually I connect and it starts to Sync. Today no Sync and no iPod on computer. Now it says on the iPod: Connected Eject before disconnecting. Ran the diagnostics: (it says current user is not an administrator, which of course I am as the only user).

What to do now? Thank you.

Microsoft Windows 10.0 x64 Business Edition (Build 9200)

System manufacturer System Product Name

iTunes 12.3.2.35

QuickTime not available

FairPlay 2.9.13

Apple Application Support 4.1.2

iPod Updater Library 12.0

CD Driver 2.2.3.0

CD Driver DLL 2.1.3.1

Apple Mobile Device 9.1.0.6

Apple Mobile Device Driver 1.67.0.0

Bonjour 3.1.0.1 (333.18)

Gracenote SDK 3.06.1.3084

Gracenote MusicID 3.06.1.3084

Gracenote Submit 3.06.1.3084

Gracenote DSP 3.06.1.3084

iTunes Serial Number 000002AF75B212AC

Current user is not an administrator.

The current local date and time is 2016-02-09 17:43:54.

iTunes is not running in safe mode.

WebKit accelerated compositing is enabled.

HDCP is supported.

Core Media is supported.

**** External Plug-ins Information ****

No external plug-ins installed.

iPodService 12.3.2.35 (x64) is currently running.

iTunesHelper is currently not running.

Apple Mobile Device Service service 3.3.0.0 is currently running.

**** Device Sync Tests ****

No iPod, iPhone, or iPad found.

iPod shuffle, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 1:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 3:33 PM

If the iPod's screen says "Connected Eject before disconnecting," it's not an iPod shuffle. iPod shuffle does not have a screen. 🙂 Maybe it's an iPod nano? Here's a list of all iPod models.

Identify your iPod model - Apple Support

If the iPod's screen says that, that means it is recognizing a data connection, even if iTunes or Windows is not. So that's good. The cause is more likely to be a software (or settings) issue on the computer side.

If you have not already, try quitting iTunes and restarting the computer. Then, run iTunes and connect iPod. Any difference?

If that does help, as a test, shut down (power off) the computer and disconnect all USB devices. You can leave standard keyboard/mouse connected, if used. Do this to Reset (restart) the iPod.

Learn how to reset your iPod - Apple Support

Start up computer, run iTunes, and connect iPod to a direct USB port on the computer. If that does not help either, please post back with any additional details.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2016 3:33 PM in response to Taddies

If the iPod's screen says "Connected Eject before disconnecting," it's not an iPod shuffle. iPod shuffle does not have a screen. 🙂 Maybe it's an iPod nano? Here's a list of all iPod models.

Identify your iPod model - Apple Support

If the iPod's screen says that, that means it is recognizing a data connection, even if iTunes or Windows is not. So that's good. The cause is more likely to be a software (or settings) issue on the computer side.

If you have not already, try quitting iTunes and restarting the computer. Then, run iTunes and connect iPod. Any difference?

If that does help, as a test, shut down (power off) the computer and disconnect all USB devices. You can leave standard keyboard/mouse connected, if used. Do this to Reset (restart) the iPod.

Learn how to reset your iPod - Apple Support

Start up computer, run iTunes, and connect iPod to a direct USB port on the computer. If that does not help either, please post back with any additional details.

Feb 9, 2016 4:32 AM in response to Kenichi Watanabe

I re-started the computer but it made no difference. I had a look at Reset but it says not to use it in my circumstance. Then I tried to do the Eject via My Computer but it just froze both iTunes and the computer so I had to re-start it again. Not sure if that was appropriate for Windows10 as that was not an option.

Thank you for your very prompt reply, I forgot to say in my last post. This is so frustrating as it was Syncing yesterday. Forgot to mention also that I did do a repair re-install on iTunes before I posted on here. So where to from here? Thanks.

Also in iTunes got a screen with the option to Eject but it didn't when I clicked on it. It also made mention of the fact that it might be corrupted.User uploaded file

iPod stuck at Connected - Eject before disconnecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.