Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A bit confused about iCloud

Good day! I am just a little confused about on how iCloud works for my Devices. For example on my iPhone, if I allow my iCloud to back up data from my game "Crossy Roads". Then after that, I open my iPad, which has a "Crossy Roads" game on it, and back up from iCloud. , does the progress I played in my Cross Roads on my iPad be lost and be repalced with the data I backed up from the cloud, which is the progress from my iPhone?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 1:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 2:01 AM

Welcome to the Apple Community.

The back ups of each device are unique, backing up one device does not interfere with the back up of another device.

5 replies

Feb 9, 2016 2:54 AM in response to iGabo

iGabo wrote:

Wow that was helpful thanks! so for example i Back up from iCloud now, then reset my phone to factory settings. If I back up from iCloud, it will restore most of my data? Will it autoamticcaly download the apps I have backed up?

It will restore all your data from back up, the apps themselves will automatically redownload from the app store.

Feb 9, 2016 2:56 AM in response to iGabo

Thanks again for the help. I thought that thru iCloud, I can transfer game data to another device. It seems I can only back it up with the same device

That will happen if the game you are using supports it and that is down to whether the developer has built it into their game, however this feature has nothing to do with back ups it happens continuously to keep everything the same all the time.

A bit confused about iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.