Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone iOS doesn't open links neither on safari or emails

I've got an Iphone 6s with IOS ver. 9.2.1. At the moment it is impossible to open links on Safari/Chrome or Mail or Outlook. When I try to do it on Safari nothing happens the system does not give any feedback. On Mail the app freeze for a minute then restart. The same behavior on Outlook. On Chrome I can use a link only open it on a new windows.

I have already canceled and restored the system but nothing changed. Apparently the problem started without a specific event or update.

Any idea? Does any one has got the same problem?

Thanks

Alessandro

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 2:16 AM

3 replies

Feb 10, 2016 8:48 AM in response to designwine

Hello designwine,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I see that you are having issues opening links on several applications on your iPhone. You don't say if you restored from backup when you "canceled and restored the system". I would suggest taking a look at the following article to restore your system to factory settings and then testing it before you restore any of your backup information. This will tell us if there might be something in your current backup causing the issue.

Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

Best regards.

Mar 27, 2016 12:57 PM in response to designwine

This appears to me as well after updating my iPhone 6 unit to iOS 9.3.

Most hyperlinks in ANY webbrowser I have installed (which means Safari as well as Google Chrome and Firefox) won't open. Hyperlinks within the same domain mostly open as usual. Hyperlinks linking to any other website won't open. Looks as if the browser freezes.

I updated both of my iPhone 6-units yesterday. However the issue appears in just one of them. How is that even possible?

Regards

Steffen

Iphone iOS doesn't open links neither on safari or emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.