Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I connect to my mail app from within a website?

WWhen I click a link to send mail from within a web page or another app. I just get the "welcome to mail" page. My email is set up (has been for some time). This did not used to happen. User uploaded file

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 2:33 AM

1 reply

Feb 10, 2016 8:49 AM in response to ADHDExecutivecoach

Hi there Coach!

It sounds like you are clicking an email link in Chrome and you are prompted with the screen to setup your Mail account(s). First I would test this out in Safari to see if the same thing happens there. If so then I would next quit the Mail, and the Settings apps on your phone:

Force an app to close in iOS

1. Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps.
2. Swipe left to find the app you want to close.
3. Swipe up on the app's preview to close it.

When you have done that restart the device and test the issue again:

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

I might even go as far as to remove your mail account(s) from Settings, then restarting the phone and adding them back to test again:

1. Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
  2. Tap the email account.
  3. Tap Delete Account.
  4. Add your account again.

Would you mind letting me know how the troubleshooting goes, please? Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

How do I connect to my mail app from within a website?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.