Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can someone help me remove a plug-in from my computer?

I recently downloaded a plug-in (Torrents-Time) for my browser (Safari) to my computer. It failed to work so I decided I want to remove it. I went to the website and downloaded the uninstaller they have up. When it downloaded it downloaded a "torrentstime-uninstaller.sh" file and I open it and it opens a text file with the following written:

#!/bin/sh

# Helper

if [ -f /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.torrents-time.helper.plist ]; then

sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.torrents-time.helper.plist

sudo echo "/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.torrents-time.helper.plist unloaded"

sudo rm -f /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.torrents-time.helper.plist

sudo echo "/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.torrents-time.helper.plist deleted"

fi

if [ -f /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.torrents-time.helper ]; then

sudo rm -f /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.torrents-time.helper

sudo echo "/Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.torrents-time.helper deleted"

fi

# Plugin Settings

if [ -f /Library/Preferences/com.torrents-time.plist ]; then

sudo rm -f /Library/Preferences/com.torrents-time.plist

sudo echo "/Library/Preferences/com.torrents-time.plist deleted"

fi

# Plugin pexe and other stuff

if [ -f /Library/Application\ Support/com.torrents-time ]; then

sudo rm -rf /Library/Application\ Support/com.torrents-time

sudo echo "/Library/Application Support/com.torrents-time deleted"

fi

Can someone please guide me or give me step by step instructions on how to remove this plug-in permanetly from my computer. I already tried using app cleaner to try and remove it but it doesn't even pul it up.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012)

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 3:52 AM

6 replies

Feb 9, 2016 10:57 AM in response to ospecialko

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac will not help with this, although it's certainly possible that there may be some adware installed along with Torrents-Time, which it should help with. All torrent apps these days are highly dangerous, either because they themselves include adware or because the files people usually download from torrents are often laden with adware (or worse).

As for the torrentstime-uninstaller.sh file, that is a shell script, and it appears to be safe to run. It will remove some Torrents-Time files.

To run that script, open the Terminal. Then, you first need to make sure the file is executable. Type the following into the Terminal (but do not press return yet):

chmod +x

Make sure there's a space after the 'x', then drag the torrentstime-uninstaller.sh file onto the Terminal window. This will insert its path into the command. Now press return in the Terminal (switch back to the Terminal app if necessary).

Next, run the script. Just drag the file to the Terminal window again, then press return. That should execute the script. You will be asked for your password, and when you enter it, nothing will be displayed on the screen. This is normal, it's a minor security precaution.

If you have any trouble with these steps, I'd recommend contacting Apple directly for assistance.

Can someone help me remove a plug-in from my computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.