Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I customise Import window to show thumbnails of all clips instead of just a written list?

I am sure that at one time I could view all the clips as skimmable thumbnails instead of just a written list as shown below?

(Ignore the fact that this shows jpegs as it is the same with videos).

User uploaded file

OS X El Capitan (10.11.2), Mac mini i5 2.5GHz & iMac FCP X

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 3:47 AM

3 replies

Feb 9, 2016 3:58 AM in response to Ian R. Brown

clips? yes.

stills? no.

hint:

when you tag stills in Finder by applying those funny colored dots, on Import FCPX creates automatically a smartlist for each color/tag.

So, as an optional workaround, to sort lots-of pix:

open folder in Finder, select still. hit spacebar for preview, move to next by cursor up/down, apply tag by right-click if wanted.

btw: nice Ferrari, yours? ……………

Feb 9, 2016 4:36 AM in response to Karsten Schlüter

I said ignore the jpegs! 😟

It works fine when an SD card or camera is attached to the computer (see below) but it doesn't work when I try to access video clips stored on the Mac.

I always copy the complete SD card to a hard drive for convenience and safety but when I try to access these "stored" SD cards I can only see the clips as lists.

Any way to make them appear a below?

User uploaded file

Can I customise Import window to show thumbnails of all clips instead of just a written list?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.