Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to edit length of multicam clip?

I'm trying to cut down the length of my multicam clip. The average length of my clips is about 4 minutes, but the multicam clip is over 4 hours long with a lot of blank space at the beginning at some after all of the clips. How do I cut out the blank space?

Final Cut Pro X, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 4:50 AM

10 replies

Feb 9, 2016 5:15 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

I want to make it shorter because sometimes I need to work inside my multicam to stabilize clips, for example, since you can't do that on the timeline. Because of the hours of empty space, it takes a long time to actually get to the part where there is video (since I needed to zoom in quite a bit so that the clip doesn't show as just a tiny sliver), so I want to get rid of that space.

Feb 10, 2016 5:46 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

User uploaded file

Inside of my Angle Editor it looks like this. I'm not trying to put the multicam onto the Timeline. I am also aware that I can cut in to where I want the multicam to start playing on my Timeline, but that doesn't affect the hours of black space before and after my clips. I'm trying to get rid of that blank space so that the multicam in the angle viewer is limited to about 5 minutes, not 4 hours of space.

How to edit length of multicam clip?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.