Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I use my reading list offline?

I have been trying to save a few webpages for offline reading. I load the webpage completely, add it to my reading list, and wait for the little gear next to the wifi to dissapear. After I do this and go to click on a webpage in my reading list (while still online) it says saving for offline reading. However it never downloads. And when i do go offline and try to read one it just says "not available for offline reading". Icloud data for safari is turned on. Ive read many other discussions to no avail. Not sure what else to do and this is getting frustrating.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2.1, null

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 4:25 AM

1 reply

Feb 10, 2016 9:31 AM in response to uriah1031

Hi uriah1031,

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand web pages you add to your reading list in Safari on your iPhone don't actually save for offline reading. You also mention iCloud data implying you use iCloud to sync the reading lists between devices.

For that, please check out

Get help using iCloud Bookmarks and Reading List - Apple Support

Note it appears to focus mainly on iCloud Bookmarks, but the troubleshooting is the same.

Best regards.

Why can't I use my reading list offline?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.