Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LinkedIn API - IN.User.Authorize / IN.Event.ON etc not working on iPad+Safari

I am using an iPad 2 device's with iOS 8.1.

Browser is Safari.

In a website that I recently helped develop and which is live now, there is a Careers' Section that integrates with LinkedIn using their IN.Event.on and IN.User.Authorize Javascript APIs to login to LinkedIn and fetch profile information - in order to display profile information on the Career's section Apply Now form.

As of now the it does not work on iPad + Safari - which is running on iOS 8.1. The behavior is that on click of LinkedIn logo, the LinkedIn sign-on page opens up and after successful login, the LinkedIn sign-on page (popup) automatically closes, but the parent page is not refreshed. On debugging, we see that the IN.Event api on the OnLinkedInFrameworkLoad method is called, but never returns. This issue is only for Safari + iPad. On other browsers/ other iOS devices [iPhone 5S for example] it works fine.

Please share your insight on what could be wrong here.

<script type="text/javascript">

function OnLinkedInFrameworkLoad() {

IN.Event.on(IN, "auth", OnLinkedInAuth);

}

function OnLinkedInAuth() {

IN.API.Profile("me").result(ShowProfileData);

}

function ShowProfileData(profiles) {

var member = profiles.values[0];

var id=member.id;

var firstName=member.firstName;

var lastName=member.lastName;

var photo=member.pictureUrl;

var headline=member.headline;

var email=member.emailAddress

$("#careerapplynowFirstName").val(firstName);

$("#careerapplynowLastName").val(lastName);

$("#careerapplynowEmail").val(email);

};

</script>

iPad 2, iOS 8

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 4:26 AM

1 reply

LinkedIn API - IN.User.Authorize / IN.Event.ON etc not working on iPad+Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.