Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Create Disk

Hello,

I've been working for some months now with FCPX and now I wanted to export a movie to a DVD. I'm going on "export" " -> DVD" and then it always started and everything was fine. But always if FCPX wants to start to burn the movie after it has been written the Create Disk program doesn't react. I don't know what the issue is, but i've tried several times to fix it. Does someone know how to fix that problem?

One more thing: Also if I want to burn a movie (m4v or mov) from my desktop it doesn't work on a standard DVD-Player.

I'd be very happy if someone could help me!

Final Cut Pro X, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 4:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 6:00 AM

But always if FCPX wants to start to burn the movie after it has been written the Create Disk program doesn't react.

If you have a an image for your menu background, delete it in the Share Settings. If you are not using a BG image, click Add and then cancel. With the Range tool, make a very short selection of your project timeline. Share > DVD and in Settings, set Output Device to Hard Drive. Save it to your Desktop. If it completes, it is a menu-related issue, which may be resolved by using a smaller image for the background.

As for burning the MP4 from the Finder, that would make a data DVD, which can only be played by the computer. A DVD player won't read it.

Russ

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2016 6:00 AM in response to FourFCPX

But always if FCPX wants to start to burn the movie after it has been written the Create Disk program doesn't react.

If you have a an image for your menu background, delete it in the Share Settings. If you are not using a BG image, click Add and then cancel. With the Range tool, make a very short selection of your project timeline. Share > DVD and in Settings, set Output Device to Hard Drive. Save it to your Desktop. If it completes, it is a menu-related issue, which may be resolved by using a smaller image for the background.

As for burning the MP4 from the Finder, that would make a data DVD, which can only be played by the computer. A DVD player won't read it.

Russ

Create Disk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.