Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound in or out from iPhone 4

Have lost all sound from my iPhone 4, does not have any ringtone others cannot hear me I am unable to hear them, have tried the reset have tried the restore have also updated to latest update, nothing is on mute and sound turned up, also made sure switch on side is not set to silent.

Before all sounds went dead, noticed some distortion in the ringing sounds when making a call. Since I have been thru the complete checklist could it be the speakers have failed but then why is the microphone also not working, any suggestions would be a great help.

iPhone 4, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 5:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 7:58 AM

If setting it back to factory settings, without using any backup data afterwards, did not bring back the speaker function again, the issue is hardware related and the phone has to be serviced by Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider next to your place.

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2016 7:58 AM in response to racerace1

If setting it back to factory settings, without using any backup data afterwards, did not bring back the speaker function again, the issue is hardware related and the phone has to be serviced by Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider next to your place.

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

No sound in or out from iPhone 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.