Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove extra "Reachable at" emails?

When I visit the "Manage your Apple ID" webpage, there are a bunch of emails under the "Reachable at" section – @mac.com, @me.com, @icloud.com... I have no access to these emails, and I don't want to be reached at these emails.

How do I remove these emails? There is a link to add more email addresses, but there doesn't seem to be any way to remove any of the existing ones.

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 6:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2017 9:44 AM

I have the same problem; when i first setup the apple ID through a friend, now his email is in my apple ID as reachable, email.. so im afraid he would have access to all my icloud and stuff.. and there ain't any way me to remove the alias.. need help... this a huge security and privacy issue apple need to fix immediately.. the lawful owner or the person who as this apple ID shall have the option to remove alias email ids..

21 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2017 9:44 AM in response to anastasia_c

I have the same problem; when i first setup the apple ID through a friend, now his email is in my apple ID as reachable, email.. so im afraid he would have access to all my icloud and stuff.. and there ain't any way me to remove the alias.. need help... this a huge security and privacy issue apple need to fix immediately.. the lawful owner or the person who as this apple ID shall have the option to remove alias email ids..

Feb 22, 2017 9:47 AM in response to Eric Root

Jan 15, 2017 6:13 PM in response to anastasia_c

For others trying to change your actual id, simply follow apple's instructions to logout of everything apple with that id works. I tried to change the id email without logging out and it only added the email as an alias. So you can edit the email address four your id , but that will not become your id until after this process of logout and logging in with the new one. The old one will just disappear after this process unless specifically added as an alias.

Dec 29, 2017 8:19 PM in response to anastasia_c

I’m number 250 or so to state I have the same, or have a similar problem related to the same bug. I have a number that was a number associated with myself, and I’ve never needed to contact Apple support about an issue, as I usually resolve them myself with my background in information systems. It’s not a huge concern for privacy or unauthorized access to my account, with all my Apple devices, but it’s an annoyance at this point That a number under the “Reachable at” section is stuck there after I made some changes with my account and allows a friend who was interested in purchasing an older iPhone take it and although I Apple unlocked my phone, and wiped it completely clean, he did not and returned it to me cloud cloud locked with his Apple ID. Through various ways I was able to unlock the phone and remove his association with my account, somehow a device, my iPad actually, and the number associated with it, was one thing I could not remove from his account, which I had full access to. My only purpose was to remove any associated information, or device that I could see was watched to his account. That number, that when I go to edit and remove it from my device, disappears, then reappears seconds after I’ve deleted it. I’ve not just attempted to remove it from my device, but ive

Jan 10, 2018 10:59 AM in response to anastasia_c

Hi Anastasia_c and all,

I have faced this issue as well and was able to resolve it. the problem is with the browser you use to go onto appleid.apple.com

I initially used internet explorer from windows, when I logged in and clicked on edit in the account section. the browser did not show the little X button beside the reachable at emails. Then, when I tried to do the same with using a different browser (I used google chrome in my case) I was able to see this button and was able to remove the email that I didn't want to be there.

Not sure about what other browsers could do, but hopefully this will help you and others to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Hussein

Apr 27, 2016 1:38 PM in response to Eric Root

Thanks for your reply.

I tried that earlier and there is no option to delete them. I called support and they also said there was no way to remove them. The addresses in question end with @me.com and @icloud.com. Apparently these are special aliases created when the account was initially set up and now there is no way to delete or even edit them. Support did walk me through disabling iCloud mail on one of our iPads so these aliases will not accidentally show up when our employees send emails from their Exchange accounts.

How to remove extra "Reachable at" emails?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.