Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

headless music streamer

Can i use a new apple tv as a

headless music streamer.

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 6:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 7:32 AM

Users have experienced differing results when trying to use the Apple TV for audio only. Some have found it works well, others have found that they need to have the TV on to get audio and others have found they need the TV on to start off with, but can turn it off when the audio starts playing.

I suspect these variations result from the type of connection that the TV offers and therefore may vary according to the make/model of TV.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2016 7:32 AM in response to barryfromhudson

Users have experienced differing results when trying to use the Apple TV for audio only. Some have found it works well, others have found that they need to have the TV on to get audio and others have found they need the TV on to start off with, but can turn it off when the audio starts playing.

I suspect these variations result from the type of connection that the TV offers and therefore may vary according to the make/model of TV.

headless music streamer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.