Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Got 2 issue's

Hi there i'm trying to help get my fathers Iphone 4s (this is his account) back up and running i have 2 issue's that i ain't sure since one counters the other.

1st issue is Icloud: He changed ISP a few years back and he didn't change his e-mail address and since he has done this he can't wipe his phone as he don't have his e-mail and don't know his password any longer whats not connected to his new ISP e-mail address.

2nd since he did all this he now has locked him self out but can't send a verification to a secondary address to unlock this account.

If anyone can assist maybe any idea's that might assist.

Many thanks.

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 6:59 AM

2 replies

Feb 9, 2016 7:10 AM in response to johngray1960

Do you mean you are trying to remove Find My iPhone from the device so that you can restore it as new? And you don't know the password to the Apple ID?

Then reset the password at iforgot.apple.com. Then use that password to sign out of FMiP.

Once you've signed out of FMiP, you should be able to erase the device. Then, to solve the issue of the Apple ID using a defunct email address, go to id.apple.com and log in with the Apple ID & Apple ID password (doesn't matter if the email address is valid anymore).

Then edit the email address to a valid one,a n enter the validation code.

Got 2 issue's

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.