Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I export multiple clips in my timeline without exporting it all into 1?

Hello,

So I was wondering how do I export multiple clips that are in my timeline instead of loading each one by one and exporting them manually. Basically, I have 40 clips that I need to fix the pitch and then I need to export them back into 40 seperate clips. So how can I do that without exporting them all as one clip and without having to do one by one?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 6:23 AM

19 replies

Feb 9, 2016 6:42 AM in response to IVTC

SSee if the Clip Exporter utility will do this. If not you have to do it manually. You don't have to wait for one to complete to begin another. Set a preset as the default and you can run through the 40 clips in about a minute. X to make a selection. Cmd-E for the export preset. Enter. Down arrow to the next clip. Repeat.

Feb 9, 2016 7:13 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Ok when you say down arrow to the next clip do you mean in the timeline? So am I supposed to place them under each other in the timeline? Sorry I am still in the learning process. If you can be more thorough with your explanation that would be great.

I have 40 Super 8 film clips. This is how I have set it up:

• Retime: 95% slower
  • Pitch: -2.0
  • Trim: Trim
  • Deinterlace (trying to remove horizontal lines)
  • Lower First (trying to remove horizontal lines)

I am still working on the deinterlacing to get the best quality I can out of these films.

How can I save all those presets as one?

Feb 9, 2016 9:03 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Sorry. I understood from you that I do not need to export them from the timeline and that I can export them in the new effect preset in the storyline instead by just pretty the down arrow and going to the next clip and then command E to export. Now I am really confused. Anything I edit in my time does get exported as I want it but I don't understand how to do this the way your telling me to so I can save myself some time. Can you give me step by step instructions please?

Feb 9, 2016 9:07 AM in response to IVTC

You've the clips into a project, right? You've applied the speed changes to the clips, right? Or have you only applied it to one. If you've only applied it one, select it, copy it, and then select the remaining clips. Press Shift-Cmd-V and paste the speed attributes to the other clips.

You put the playhead over the first clip and press X. You press Cmd-E for the export preset. Press Next and name the file and press OK. Us the down arrow in the project to the move the playhead to the next clip. Press X and repeat.

How can I export multiple clips in my timeline without exporting it all into 1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.