Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

reset my icloud email password

I forgot my icloud email password, please help me set up a new password

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 6:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2017 4:55 AM

I would like to change my iCloud password (for "non apple mail" email apps/clients). It is not the same as my Apple ID password. I don't want to have to change my Apple ID password in order to change my iCloud password, which IS different.

I want to keep my Apple ID password. But I want to change my iCloud password (only).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2017 4:55 AM in response to pedro d

I would like to change my iCloud password (for "non apple mail" email apps/clients). It is not the same as my Apple ID password. I don't want to have to change my Apple ID password in order to change my iCloud password, which IS different.

I want to keep my Apple ID password. But I want to change my iCloud password (only).

Feb 10, 2016 10:53 AM in response to Johnny Clarke

Hello there, Johnny.

It sounds like you need to reset your iCloud email password. The following Knowledge Base article offers up some great information on how to accomplish just that:

iCloud: Change your password

Change your iCloud password

Your Apple ID password protects the privacy of your information stored in iCloud, such as your email. Your password also protects your ability to locate or remotely erase your device using Find My iPhone. You should regularly change your password to protect your information.

Go to the My Apple ID website (appleid.apple.com) and follow the instructions to reset your password. For detailed instructions, see the Apple Support article Change your Apple ID password.

The next time you use Apple features and services that require an Apple ID, you’ll be asked to sign in with your new Apple ID password. If you use your iCloud mail account with an email app other than Mail on an iOS device, a Mac, or on iCloud.com, change your password in that other app too.

If you set up iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, make sure to set up a passcode lock on your device for added security. (Go to Settings > Passcode or Touch ID & Passcode.)

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers.

Dec 15, 2016 2:20 PM in response to pedro d

this does not work it only allows you to reset the password for your apple id, why is the so hard to understand, there is a MAJOR difference, this does nothing to reset your icloud email password, why can't you just a simple way to just sign in to that email which can then be reset just as easily, i thought apple were about simplicity, this is not simple!!!!

reset my icloud email password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.