Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you edit an existing playlist on an iPod Nano?

I can no longer edit individual playlists on my Nano. And I cannot delete some tracks from existing playlists.

When I connect the iPod and open iTunes, I see the playlists that are on the Nano, under "On My Device". When I select that playlist, I can't delete the track or the album, or move them around.

Furthermore, Apple's support system offers no real help to do this. What's going on? It doesn't "just work" anymore. iTunes is a worthless piece of crap.

Sorry for the rant, but this makes me angry.

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 7:00 AM

2 replies

Feb 9, 2016 7:19 AM in response to James Parker2

Never mind. I found it. You can't edit the playlist in the device menu. Has to be done on the computer side and then synced up.

I still hate the now-not-so-new iTunes interface. It's much less intuitive than it used to be, with extra bloat, ala Microsoft for the Apple Music, and it's equally arcane on the iPhone. I used to like Apple's User Experience, now I mostly just tolerate it. Boy, they've really messed it up since Jobs died.

How do you edit an existing playlist on an iPod Nano?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.