Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how I retrieve music/photos from ICloud to my Macair?

MacAir OS X10.1..3...when updating I somehow moved my entire music library and photos to I Cloud? How can I retrieve them please?

MacBook Air (11-inch Mid 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 7:20 AM

1 reply

Feb 10, 2016 11:38 AM in response to 7manya

Hello 7manya,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

From your question, it sounds like you use a couple of different services, iCloud Music Library and iCloud Photo Library, but no longer see any of your photos or videos on your Mac. If this is correct, are you still signed into the same Apple ID and have these respective services enabled in the Photos and iTunes applications?

In Photos:

How do I turn on iCloud Photo Library?

If you want to turn on iCloud Photo Library on all of your devices, follow these steps:

• In iOS 8.3 or later, go to Settings > iCloud > Photos, then turn on iCloud Photo Library.
  • In OS X 10.10.3 or later, go to System Preferences > iCloud > Options next to Photos, then select iCloud Photo Library.

iCloud Photo Library FAQ - Apple Support

In iTunes:

On your Mac or PC

1. Make sure that you're signed in to iTunes with the Apple ID and password that you use for your Apple Music membership.
  2. Mac: From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen, choose iTunes > Preferences.
    User uploaded file
    Windows: Hold down the Control and B keys on your keyboard to open the iTunes menu bar. Choose Edit > Preferences.
    User uploaded file
  3. Turn on iCloud Music Library.
    User uploaded file
  4. Click OK.
  5. If you already have music on your device, you might be asked if you want to Merge or Replace the music. Choose Merge to add the songs currently on your device to your library.* If you select Replace, the music on your device is replaced with your Apple Music library.

*When you choose Merge, songs on your device that are in the Apple Music catalog become instantly available to access on your other devices. On iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, songs that we can’t match are shown on your other devices. But you won’t be able to play them on your other devices until you upload them from your Mac or PC with iTunes.

Sync Apple Music across your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and computer - Apple Support

Please let us know more about your situation if you are signed into the correct Apple ID, have these services enabled, and still do not see your content.

• How did you upload your content to iCloud?
  • Do you see your photos when you log on to iCloud.com?
  • Do you see your music in your iTunes library?

Cheers!

how I retrieve music/photos from ICloud to my Macair?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.