Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problem with the 3/pound icon key on my iMac keyboard.

I have a problem with the 3/pound icon key on my iMac keyboard. The fund icon will not work, i just get # when i use the up arrow on the bottom left of the keyboard. Many ideas anyone please?

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 7:37 AM

5 replies

Feb 9, 2016 8:26 AM in response to Rudegar

Hi Rudgar, thanks for your reply. I have checked out your links and see that my keyboard is in fact a UK one. I think something has got changed in my settings somewhere? I don't remember if the 3 key has always been minus the pound icon. I have a macbook pro which I use a lot also so I really don't remember a problem with my iMac keyboard. Do you know, could I use any keyboard with my iMac, or it it just linked to the keyboard it came with? thanks again for your help!

Feb 9, 2016 9:24 AM in response to denise CLARK

denise CLARK wrote:

my keyboard is in fact a UK one.

To make what appears on the screen match what is printed on your keys, you need to activate the correct input source in system prefs/keyboard/input source.

If you have a UK keyboard made by Apple, then the list there should only have "British" on it. If you have a UK keyboard made by someone else, the list there should have only "British PC" on it.

problem with the 3/pound icon key on my iMac keyboard.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.