Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes will not play any music.

When i try and play music in itunes it says that the original file could not be found. Nothing plays at all, i have not tried plugging my ipod in as i didn't want to risk losing everything off there. Please can someone help and tell me whats happened and how to fix it. Thanks

Dell, Windows XP

Posted on Nov 24, 2006 3:20 AM

1 reply

Nov 24, 2006 6:15 AM in response to Norbryght

Same exact thing happened to me. Still trying to figure out why this happened. I don't know if my iTunes music folder was accidently moved to the trash somehow or what. But on a recent trip to England, I came home to the States to find out none of my iTunes library would play. I got the same original 'file could not be found' message. Thankfully, all of the music is still on my iPod, but I'm afraid to hook it up to my iTunes, incase the automatic update deletes all of the music on my iPod. I don't know if that's what will happen, but I'm not willing to risk it. I'd love to get an answer on this as well.

Itunes will not play any music.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.