Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My music is missing from iTunes

Hi, The vast majority of my music is missing from my iTunes account. I've read a couple of the other articles on how to retrieve missing music but none have really helped. I can't find Time machine on my computer. Can you help?

Home built computer-OTHER, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 7:03 AM

1 reply

Feb 9, 2016 9:51 PM in response to Librivore

Time Machine is part of the Mac OS - there's no direct equivalent in Windows (though there are similar solutions for making and maintaining backups of your data, either locally or to the cloud). For Windows-specific advice on recovering your library, see turingtest2's user tip on Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash.

For future reference, you should create and maintain a backup of your iTunes library (which is what Time Machine does on the fly for Mac users), and always update your backup before installing iTunes update. See Backup your iTunes for Windows library with SyncToy for a suitable/recommended method using local storage (typically a USB hard drive). For a cloud-based equivalent you'll need to have sufficient storage available in OneDrive or similar services from Google, Amazon, etc. and configure your system to replicate changes up to the cloud. I'm not aware of any pre-configured solution that's optimized to iTunes for Windows.

My music is missing from iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.