Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mybook live cannot find share on TC (4th gen)

Hallo Everyone

I connected my MBL to my TC (5th gen). It worked fine. I made weekly restore points from my MBL (which I used as a NAS) to my TC.

Now i bought a TC 4th gen. I connected my MBL to it, and tried to make a new restore point on that TC 4th gen. MBL 'sees' my TC 4th gen, but when I try to make a restore point there, it says: no shares could be found on this device

I can see the share on my TC 4th gen in finder.

The configuration of my TC 5th gen en TC 4th gen are exactly the same.

Any suggestions? (I reformatted my TC 4th gen, but it did not work)

Thanx in advance. Ton, the Netherlands, (iMac 2011, Capitan)

iMac, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 7:49 AM

1 reply

Feb 9, 2016 12:23 PM in response to Ton B 1966

Any suggestions? (I reformatted my TC 4th gen, but it did not work)...

I can see the share on my TC 4th gen in finder.

Permissions on folders you create are much tighter now in El Capo than in earlier OS. I think your problem is permissions.. but exactly how or what is hard to figure out.

And it is difficult to understand exactly how these permissions are working because they appear the same from your computer. But as a network drive the TC controls its permissions. Yet if you attempt to open a folder from the wrong computer it will deny you access. Same I guess is happening from the MBL.

Do you have any way to login to the TC from the MBL?

From the old utility (it is possible still to load 5.6 utility into El Capo.. just google it).

You can go to the disk tab/ file sharing and open full access to guest .. that might fix it. (as well as reducing security if that matters to you).

User uploaded file

Change to read and write access to guests.

I made weekly restore points from my MBL (which I used as a NAS) to my TC.

Can you explain exactly how you are doing that?

You created a folder on the TC from the MBL interface or from the computer?

This is all over ethernet??

Mybook live cannot find share on TC (4th gen)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.