Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

List view for Albums in iTunes 12

I prefer the list view for pretty much anything in iTunes. I usually look through my music either by Album or Playlist. With iTunes 12, the only way I can get a list at all, is to select "songs", then sort by albums, so the content of an album is all together. But I can't even find playlists as a sorting option anywhere. Am I missing something? Thanks.

iMac

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 8:24 AM

2 replies

Feb 9, 2016 8:36 AM in response to resonnino

To show your playlists, select your Music library in iTunes (click the button for Music at left end of horizontal bar), and then click Playlists (near middle of horizontal bar). A sidebar with your playlists appears along left side of iTunes window.

Select a playlist. To show it as a plain list with columns, click the control at right end of horizontal bar (to select your view of the playlist), and set it to use the Songs view.

Feb 9, 2016 1:49 PM in response to resonnino

I can't even find playlists as a sorting option anywhere. Am I missing something? Thanks.

In iTunes, a song can be a member of an unlimited number of playlists. As a result, there has never been the ability to sort a Music library by playlist.

You can, of course, open any particular playlist and sort that list as you want. This has gotten harder in recent releases, since iTunes now defaults all playlists to its so-called Playlist view. But as noted by Kenichi, you can put it into Songs view and use the normal sorting capabilities.

List view for Albums in iTunes 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.