Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get the music on the shuffle to be more constant in volume?

I am using the shuffle in our truck via auxiliary jack. When I have the songs shuffled, the volume is not constant. Some are too soft to hear and others are fine, and some too loud. It is not as bad if I am using headphones but there still seems to a difference from one album to the next.

iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular (MM), iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 8:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 12:06 PM

There's a feature called Sound Check. First, enable it in iTunes preferences Playback pane. This makes all songs play at the same calculated level, when playing songs in iTunes.

If your iPod shuffle is 3rd gen or current 4th gen, it also has a Sound Check setting which needs to be enabled. Select the shuffle in iTunes (click its device button on the horizontal bar) to show its Summary settings screen in iTunes window. There is a checkbox for Sound Check, under Options. Checkmark it and click Apply.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2016 12:06 PM in response to BekkaSue

There's a feature called Sound Check. First, enable it in iTunes preferences Playback pane. This makes all songs play at the same calculated level, when playing songs in iTunes.

If your iPod shuffle is 3rd gen or current 4th gen, it also has a Sound Check setting which needs to be enabled. Select the shuffle in iTunes (click its device button on the horizontal bar) to show its Summary settings screen in iTunes window. There is a checkbox for Sound Check, under Options. Checkmark it and click Apply.

Feb 9, 2016 12:10 PM in response to Kenichi Watanabe

Thank you so much. I found the sound check under options and made sure it was selected and applied. I listened to a few songs one of which just happened to be one that was not up to the level of the others. It sounded much better. Thanks again for your help. As it happens I was looking at that particular option on my itouch and so knew it was what I was looking for 😉

How do I get the music on the shuffle to be more constant in volume?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.