Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duel Samsung U28E590D Displays in Bootcamp Windows 10

Hello Everyone,

I have the 2013 Mac Pro configured with duel D700 GPU’s and attached to it I have two Samsung U28E590D 4K displays. In OS X they both work great at 3840 X 2160 running at 30 Hz. However, when I try to use them in Windows 10 via Bootcamp, I can only get one of the two units to display at the native 4K resolution of 3840 X 2160. The other monitor maxes out at 1920 X 1080 and nothing I have tried will get both displays to work at their native resolutions.

I am hooked up via two Thunderbolt to HDMI adapters and plugged into Thunderbolt Bus 1 Port 1 and Thunderbolt Bus 2 Port 2.

I have tried installing the most recent Windows Bootcamp display drivers and still no success.

Any input or ideas would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 7:50 AM

4 replies

Feb 9, 2016 10:42 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

I tried connecting directly to the HDMI port as well but the same thing happened. This monitor has 2 HDIM inputs and one DisplayPort input so given the fact the Mac Pro only has one HDMI output port I have to use an adapter to connect the second screen. It works great in OS X at native 4K resolution. I have tried everything that I can think of and nothing has worked.

Feb 9, 2016 10:59 AM in response to Applekid43607

On a display with a DisplayPort input, you will get better results and higher resolution with fewer problems by using a simple Mini DisplayPort (computer end) to DisplayPort (display end) cable. The cables are really simple and really cheap and will support those same resolutions at 60Hz or faster.

here is a section of them, all under US$10:

http://www.monoprice.com/category?c_id=102&cp_id=10246&cs_id=1024606

Feb 9, 2016 11:05 AM in response to Applekid43607

From Use 4K displays and Ultra HD TVs with your Mac - Apple Support , you need to find the Samsung equivalent of setting up MST and then use two TB/DP ports on different TB buses.

Setting MST mode

You need to configure your 4K displays to use MST. Follow the steps below to use the display's built-in controls to enable this feature.

• Sharp PN-K321: Choose Menu > Setup > DisplayPort STREAM > MST > SET
  • ASUS PQ321Q: Choose OSD menu > Setup > DisplayPort Stream
  • Dell UP2414Q and UP3214Q: Choose Menu > Display Setting > DisplayPort 1.2 > Enable
  • Panasonic TC-L65WT600: Choose Menu > Display Port Settings > Stream Setting > Auto

Your display might require a firmware update to support 60Hz operation. Contact your display vendor for details. If your specific DisplayPort display isn't listed above, check with the display’s manufacturer for compatibility information.

Please also see Mac computers: Frequently asked questions about using HDMI - Apple Support .

Duel Samsung U28E590D Displays in Bootcamp Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.