Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac pro 4.1 with dell u3011 contrast /color problem

i have a MAC PRO 4.1 8-CORE 2.26 (radeon 5870) and use it with snow leopard and recently added the el captain to the second start up disk.

for a monitor i use the DELL U 3011 through display port .

i have problem with high contrast even after calibrating the monitor with colormunky photo , and given i want to use this set for photo editing that's a huge problem.

the only solution by chance i have found at the snow leopard version is to use the EIZO MONITOR TESt and after closing this program everything is coming there it should be ! when i open up again the test it also looks proper the levels from white to black r proper and distinguished the colors look more natural and when i print it looks exactly the same .

unfortunate this pattern doesn't work at the el captain start up disk so i had to ask for help in the community

Mac Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), mac pro 4.1

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 8:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 8:19 AM

Check for enhanced contrast settings.

It is found in System Preferences.

Depending on the version of Mac OS X its name varies from random combinations of words like "Universal Access" and "Accessibility"

2 replies

mac pro 4.1 with dell u3011 contrast /color problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.