Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Frequent lost of Wi-Fi

My home Wi-Fi is true a Time Capsule, only the Apple TV is wired connected directly on my Time Capsule.

All the computers 3 Mac Book Air and one PC are connecter via Wi-Fi, 4 IPhones, 3 iPads

Many times a day we lose the Wi-Fi connection. The only way we can get it back is by reconnecting the power to the Time Capsule, wait for a few seconds and replug it.

This morning when I was out of Wi-Fi , I went to check the Apple TV (wired connected), it was out of internet to!...

Where is the problem , my internet provider or my Time Capsule?

Thank you

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 8:28 AM

2 replies

Feb 9, 2016 11:26 AM in response to curieux4

I would suggest that you first verify that your ISP is providing consistent Internet service to your modem. You should be able to contact them and ask them to perform a "line check" to the modem. Once verified that this is working properly, we can go on to troubleshoot the other networking hardware pieces.

As an alternative to contacting the ISP, you can also temporarily connect your MacBook Air or the PC using an Ethernet cable connected directly to the modem and verify that the connection remains stable after a number of hours.

To help with any further troubleshooting, please provide the following information about your current network:

• Who is your ISP?
  • What type of Internet service are they providing? That is, cable, DSL, fibre, microwave, etc.
  • What is the make & model of the Internet modem? Is this provided by your ISP or do you own it?
  • What exact model of Time Capsule (TC) do you have?
  • Is the TC connected to the modem by wire or by wireless?

Feb 10, 2016 7:16 PM in response to Tesserax

Thank you Tesserax,

• Internet provider: Videotron by cable
  • Time Capsule may be 4 or 5 years old, the flat version
  • Internet modem provided by videotron Arris TM 822

This morning the PC wired connected to TC lost internet in the same time than the Wi-fi. The TC is wired to the Arris .

This afternoon I unplugged the TC to connect (wire) the PC directly to the Arris, no problem for the entire afternoon...

I will try the same thing tomorrow, unplug the TC and plug the PC (on witch one my wife is working all day long) directly to the Arris

I begin to think that the TC is the problem!...

Frequent lost of Wi-Fi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.