Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlists in my library have multiplied

Playlists in my library have multiplied about 100 times is there an easy way to fix this or do I have to delete every duplicate playlist individually

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 8:43 AM

1 reply

Feb 11, 2016 1:51 PM in response to MJDOHERTY2

Are you using iTunes Match or Apple Music?

Are the playlists empty?

I have two scripts which might help you clean up the playlists efficiently: KillEmptyPlaylists and KillTopLevelPlaylists. The first one does just what it says, the second removes all non-smart playlists that are not inside a playlist folder. I'd advise you backup the library before use. It may also pay to sign out of iTunes Match or Apple Music, clean up, and then sign in again to see if your changes get uploaded without issue. If that doesn't work then you can try again when the service is active.

tt2

Playlists in my library have multiplied

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.