Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay is sporadic when connecting to Yamaha stereo receiver

I have a new yamaha RX-V677 stereo with the airplay option. I have the receiver connected to my home network via wifi. The am able to get the airplay option to connect occassionaly at best. When it is connected the airplay option is visible on my iMac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5, and on my iPhone 6 as well as my iPad. The issue is that when I turn off the system sometimes I loose the airplay connection completely. I can get it to reestablish if I reconnect the receiver via its settings GUI. This get a bit tiresome though. I have updated the firmware for the receiver and I have contacted Yamaha CS. They told me that the airplay option for the receiver is alway running in the background of the receiver waiting for a signal to connect and therefore there are not any settings to check or verify with the receivers GUI.

On a side note, after a few days of the yamaha app not recognizing the receiver via airplay and iTunes not being able to connect, this morning it all works perfectly now for the time being. Is anyone having this issue? Could this be an issue with the router? Any advise or help would be greatly appreciated.

Travis Barger

Okc

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), Ipad and Iphone 6

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 10:28 AM

There are no replies.

Airplay is sporadic when connecting to Yamaha stereo receiver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.