Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stereo audio clip imports as mono when all settings are set to stereo and it plays and displays stereo on the timeline?

I have a brand new Mac pro with OS X Yosemite.

I am running FCP 10.2.

I am trying to import clips recorded on an SSD by a Blackmagic Production Studio recorder in ProRes 422.

When I import a clip it shows in the Info. section of the inspector mono even though everything else shows stereo and all the settings are in stereo.

It plays on the timeline in stereo and is labeled stereo but it exports in mono.

It has worked sometimes but mostly it won't. I have one project that has three clips in it. Clips 2 and 3 are in stereo but clip 1 will not import as stereo.

I've tried re-importing several times and checking all the settings, channel configuration and everything but it still exports in mono.

Any ideas?

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 8:54 AM

There are no replies.

Stereo audio clip imports as mono when all settings are set to stereo and it plays and displays stereo on the timeline?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.