Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

after reinstalling el capitan online yesterday, time capsule won't show backups beyond yesterday

After reinstalling El Capitan online yesterday, time capsule won't let me go to backups beyond yesterday. What can i do?

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 9:13 AM

3 replies

Feb 9, 2016 9:23 AM in response to findmarc

If you reinstalled El Capitan, Time Machine thinks that you have a new Mac, so it starts over and backs up the Mac completely to start a new back up set.

Try hold down the option key on your Mac while you click on the Time Machine "clock" icon at the top of the screen

Click on Browse Other Backup Disks

See if your old backups are there

Feb 10, 2016 2:56 AM in response to Bob Timmons

hello bob, thank you very much for your reply.unfortunately it didn't help though. my option in the konfiguration of the time capsule is to look for another device in order to find my old backups. but there is only the one i used to back up on and on which i'm also currently backing up on. it seems that the data is still on my air port but maybe on a separate partition now? but i can't choose between partitions on the air port though. it seems i can just choose between airports. sorry for being such an computer idiot but may be you got another advice for me. cheers, marc.

after reinstalling el capitan online yesterday, time capsule won't show backups beyond yesterday

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.