Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have two computers backed up on Time Capsule. Can I delete one computer back up with out deleting the other computers back up? How do I it?

I have two computers backed up on Time Capsule. Can I delete one computer's back up with out deleting the other computers back up? How do I it?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 8:50 AM

1 reply

Feb 9, 2016 9:17 AM in response to Eaglesfan2

Open any Finder window on your Mac

Look for the Time Capsule icon under the Shared heading on the left side of the Finder window

Click on the Time Capsule icon and a folder named "Data" will appear in the window to the right (unless you have changed the name of the drive)

Double click on Data to open the drive. You may be asked for the Time Capsule admin password the first time that you do this

You will see two separate files with the name of each Mac that has been backing up

Carefully click to highlight the name of the file whose backups you want to delete....to highlight the file

Click the gear icon above the window

Click Move To Trash

I have two computers backed up on Time Capsule. Can I delete one computer back up with out deleting the other computers back up? How do I it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.