Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

remove wireless display from preferences

I am experiencing an unusual event whenever I turn on my Sony TV/Soundbar. My MacPro begins to toggle back and forth looking/finding the TV/Soundbar. It is not connected to the CPU but seems to connect wirelessly. I have a Harmony remote but it seems that that is not the issue. When either Sony product is powered on the MacPro finds/loses it. When TV/Soundbar are off Mac works fine. Ultimately is there a way to remove the TV from the preferences? I turned off Airplay-Took the Apple TV off of the Harmony remote etc. but no bueno. Genius Bar said it must be my graphics card but if it's not connected why would that be the cause? Any help would be appreciated.

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 9:07 AM

3 replies

Feb 9, 2016 6:15 PM in response to dmarek

Devices that connect via Wi-Fi are not connecting directly to your Mac -- then are connecting to your home Network via your Wireless Access Point (Router) which may then connect from your Mac.

Devices that connect via BlueTooth are trying to make DIRECT connections to your Mac, with no Router involved. This is great for a low-data-rate devices like a wireless mouse, but far too much data for a display picture. But they need to be close to your mac.

Sound may be possible via Bluetooth, but if you don't want the connection, turning Bluetooth off on your Mac should suffice to keep it under control.

remove wireless display from preferences

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.